Steril-Aire manufactures UVC Emitters™ (Germicidal lamps) which are fitted to HVAC systems to provide the following benefits:
- Cleans air by destroying mould, bacteria & viruses
- Reduces energy costs - saving 10% to 20% (up to 30% in warmer climates)
- Eliminates manual coil cleaning, duct cleaning and associated chemical costs
- Destroys Bird Flu, SARS, Legionnaire's Disease, TB, Golden Staph (to name a few)
- Reduces spread of pandemics
- Reduces bacteria on food
- Reduces absenteeism
- Reduces hospital acquired infections
- Increases hospital bed availability
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Removes odours from the air
- Saves maintenance, labour & material costs
- Improves HVAC system efficiency & performance
- Provides a 'pay back' on investment in as little as 12 months
Steril-Aire UVC Emitters™ are very high output emitters (not just an ordinary UVC lamp) and are the only UVC product that can successfully treat air in low temperatures in HVAC and refrigeration (down to -20°C) and high air velocity (up to 10 m/s). No other product can match this performance. All other products lose their effectiveness in moving air and the cooler the air temperature becomes.
Below is a graphic to illustrate how the product is typically installed.
We install the UVC Emitter™ on the downstream (air off) side of the coil. In an AHU the UVC Emitters™ treat the coil and the drain pan directly, while the plenum and duct work indirectly. In a split system installation the UVC Emitter™ treats the coil and the barrel fan.
The HVAC system is an excellent breeding ground for mould, bacteria and viruses. It can also convey contaminated air throughout the building. Contaminated systems have been linked with symptoms such as allergy, asthma and other respiratory illnesses. This in turn can cause absenteeism, reduced productivity and increased liability.
Key to reducing these biological contaminates is the elimination of the biofilm on coils and in the drain pans. Steril-Aire UVC Emitters™ use germicidal ultraviolet energy to eradicate both surface and airborne micro-organisms.
By providing safe, continuous cleaning of the coil and drain pans, Steril-Aire UVC Emitters™ improve heat transfer and airflow for operational efficiency and energy savings. UVC Emitters ™ also keep the building and the building occupants healthy while reducing energy consumption, maintenance costs and improving the bottom line.
At NAE, we have partnered with Steril-Aire to provide you with excellent quality of life.
Contact us for more information
on UVC Emitters today.